Excel Class for Business and Industry
Learn the key Excel
topics and problem solving skills you need to
quickly accomplish everyday Excel workplace tasks.
- Our 1-day class shows you the Excel
skills needed to perform a variety of tasks in today's
- It covers the Excel basics like
entering data; worksheet formatting; table creation; copying / pasting; sorting; and filtering data.
- Our class also covers need to know
topics like problem layout; basic formula /
function construction; dragging and filling formulas; and basic chart
- Join us and our class will show you the skill sets you
need to get up and running in Excel fast and much more >.
More Dates >
See the must know topics you will learn.
No time to attend, get a manual instead.
Covers the Excel topics,
strategies, and methods needed to solve your Excel workplace tasks quickly.
- Our manual is a combination of
beginning, intermediate, and advanced Excel topics and
also covers hi-tech dashboard design.
- Covers everything from
typing data to using functions and formulas to automated
reporting using Power Query, Excel tables, and Pivot
- Also discusses must know
topics like problem organization; using names to pass
data efficiently; and data processing.
- 100's of real world examples
included. Learn More >
- Buy a manual now, apply the price towards a class later. Manuals are included with our classes.
Key Excel topics covered in class.
- How to control Excel's Ribbon, dialog
boxes, shortcut menus, and help
- Controlling and selecting workbooks, worksheets,
- Typing, filling, and setting the number
format of worksheet data
- How to format worksheets, merge cells,
and make useful forms
- Creating and using shapes and pictures
to enhance a worksheet's content
- Design rules for worksheet tables that store
- How to layout a problem on the worksheet
and build formulas to calculate it
- Using worksheet functions to quickly
- Using Excel's filter, sort, and totaling
tools to report data
- Copying and pasting worksheet data,
charts, shapes, pictures...
- Creating basic chart reports in Excel
- Printing worksheet data and charts
Pricing and class options.
Online Virtual Learning
- Live, hands-on, talk to the instructor training
- Bring your own problems to class
- Online Details >
Dates / Signup >
Public In-Person Learning
- Live hands-on training
- Bring your own problems to class
- We can supply a computer
Dates / Signup >
Onsite Hands-On Learning
- We come to you and solve your problems
- We cover in person in the USA and Canada
- We cover the world virtually using your time zone
Detailed class syllabus.
How to Control Excel's Ribbon,
Dialog Boxes, Shortcut Menus, and Help
- What is the Ribbon, a dialog box,
and shortcut menu?
- The 4 mouse movements that control
- How to use the Ribbon, its tab
system, and categories to control Excel functionality
- How to launch and use shortcut
menus and dialog boxes to control Excel functionality
- How to use Excel help effectively
How to Control and Select Workbooks, Worksheets,
- What is a workbook, worksheet,
cell, row, and column and how are they used?
- How to create, open, close, name, and save workbooks
- Navigating between open workbooks
and arranging their windows for easy use
- How to add, copy, move, rename,
delete, and view worksheets
- Hiding and unhiding worksheets and workbooks
- How to select a cell, range, row,
and column with the mouse
Typing, Filling, and Setting
the Number Format of Worksheet Data
- What is a number format and how does Excel store data in a worksheet cell?
- Typing numeric, date, and text values in a worksheet cell
- How to quickly change the number
formats for cells, rows, and columns
- Using the Flash Fill feature to automatically fill in values in a worksheet table
- Dragging and filling data down a worksheet in different patterns using AutoFill
Copying and Pasting Worksheet Data,
Charts, Shapes... in Excel
- How to copy and paste cell or range
- Quickly copying and pasting an entire worksheet's data to another worksheet
- Copying and pasting filtered
worksheet data to another worksheet to create a report
- Copying and pasting charts, pictures, drawing shapes...
- Using Paste Special to paste
specific parts of your copied information
How to Format Worksheets,
Merge Cells, and Make Useful Forms
- Resizing, inserting, deleting,
hiding, and unhiding worksheet rows and columns
- Changing the font, alignment, color, and borders of a worksheet cell
- Merging worksheet cells on a worksheet
- Creating and managing comments to flag
- Using all these features to create a
useful form on a worksheet
Using Drawing Shapes and Pictures
to Enhance a Worksheet's Content
- How to use shapes and pictures to
enhance company brand, visualize products, ideas...
- Inserting drawing shapes and
pictures on the worksheet
- Formatting, resizing, moving, and
deleting drawing shapes and pictures
- How to crop a picture on
Designing Worksheet Tables to Store Data
- How Microsoft Excel can be used to store vast quantities of
- What is a worksheet table and how does it relate to storing and processing data
- Worksheet table construction guidelines
Laying Out a Worksheet Problem
and Building Formulas for It
- What is a formula and how are they
used to perform calculations on the worksheet?
- Laying out a problem on the
worksheet so it can be calculated with formulas
- A review of absolute, mixed, and relative cell references and how to use them
to build formulas
- How to use the mouse to accurately
build formulas that multiply, subtract, add, and divide
- How to rapidly fill a formula down or across worksheet
- How to edit and correct a
Using Functions to Quickly
Calculate Worksheet Data
- What is a function, how are they
used and run, and what is an argument list?
- The basics of typing a worksheet function
in a formula and running it
- What is a range reference and how
to use one in a worksheet function?
- Using the SUM, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE, COUNTA,
and VLOOKUP functions to calculate data
- Dragging and filling formulas with functions down or across a worksheet
Using Excel's Filter, Sort,
and Totaling Tools to Report Data
- How to sort worksheet data using values, colors...
- How to use AutoFilter to rapidly
filter worksheet data for POs, IDs, Due Dates, SKUs...
- Using Remove Duplicates to remove duplicated values from
- Using the Subtotal feature to
quickly sum groups of worksheet data
Creating Basic Chart Reports in Excel
- What is a chart and where are they
created in Excel?
- Organizing your data on a worksheet so it can be used in a chart
- How to create a chart on a worksheet or chart sheet
- Performing basic formatting and editing tasks on
Printing Worksheets and Charts in Excel
- Checking the spelling on your worksheets and charts
- Setting your printing options in Excel
- Printing worksheets and charts
Excel skills needed for our
Select this Excel training if you or your group have:
- Performed basic computer operations like typing and using the mouse
- Never opened Microsoft Excel or have just seen it
- Never heard of a workbook, worksheet, cell, or cell reference
- Just typed data in a cell
- Never typed formulas
- Never copied, sorted, or filtered data
- Have no idea what we just said
The class details.
- Audience: Business, government, industry, military, engineering, science, techs... general audience
- Duration: 9:00 - 5:00 CT
- # of Days: 1-day
- Instruction Type: Hands-on, live, instructor taught training
- Full Excel Manual Included: Our 2200 + page
manual full of Excel tips, how-to-do topics and examples included with the training. Details >
- Excel Versions: 2010-2019, Microsoft 365, Windows and Mac
- Repeats: Repeat your Excel training. Details >
- Personal Examples: We review our attendees personal examples in our training instruction
- Available Training Formats:
If you need to contact us about
Phone Number: 1.805.498.7162
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CT
You can email us at email@example.com >
Contact us by form.
Need Help? Please call us at 1.805.498.7162
Copyright © 2002-2022
EMAGENIT All Rights Reserved